- Cut meat in to small cube and put on skewers.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice until all the meat is coated.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator from 20 minutes to a couple hours.
- place on grill, brush with melted butter
- flip once and brush other side with butter. Simple yet good.
Beef, shrimp or chicken satay with peanut sauce
- Cut meat (not shrimp) in to small cubes or thin strips.
- 1/2 can (1/4 cup) coconut milk
- 1 spoonful salt
- 1 spoonful sugar
- 2 spoonfuls curry powder
- a little pepper
- 1/2 spoonful ground coriander seeds (optional)
Stir then add meat and let marinate for up to 2 hours
Put on skewers and grill.
Awesome Peanut sauce
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 3 spoonfuls sugar
- 3 spoonfuls peanut butter
- 2 spoonfuls fish sauce (substitute soy sauce is in dire need!)
- 1 spoonful thai curry paste, red or panang (optional)
- 1 spoonful tamarind paste (optional)
Combine all ingredients in small pan over medium heat until dissolved. Put on side of plate for dipping.
© 2009 Cooking for Dads